Welcome to the William IV in Nowich
Originally a cottage home of a Mousehold shepherd, 'The King William' IV now stands in the garden grounds. It has been a tavern for at least 150 years and is mentioned in Joseph Manning's 1834 survey of licensed premises. Telegraph Lane, in those days would have been no more than a footpath leading from Gas Hill to Yarmouth Road. The lane was named after the semaphoring system used in 1807, when the site of the water tower was used as a vantage point to receive signals from Great Yarmouth in the event of a French invasion.
Our bar is open all day from 11am for drinks or coffee. The popular restaurant is open 7am - 10am for breakfast 12 noon - 9pm for lunches, snacks & evening meals, we offer a varied lunch and dinner menu with dishes carefully chosen to make the most of local seasonal produce.
The convenient location of The William 1v ensures the 5 en-suite bedrooms are a popular choice for visitors requiring bed & breakfast. The main City Centre is under a mile away providing easy access to the train & bus station in less than 10 minutes.
Large free car park with cctv
Complementary Wireless internet access
Outside seating & smoking area
Breakfast served when it suits you
Bar open all day from 11am (noon Sundays)
We accept all major credit & debit cards